Userpic

endagallery
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hi there!
I am interrailing around Europe for 50 days. Does anyone know if there is a good deal on tickets if I am going longer than a month? Or will I have to buy a 30 days and 22 days ticket?

Most importantly!
This is my proposed route around Europe for the first few weeks - The rest involves Greece and an adventure around Eastern Europe which is yet to be planned.
PLEASE COMMENT AND SAY IF IT'S POSSIBLE - IF IT'S GOOD AND IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE IT!
TAG YOURSELF IN YOUR CITY OR COMMENT IF YOUR UP FOR MEETING UP! I TAGGED A FEW BELOW BUT MISSED LOADS
Seville - arrive 11th August, afternoon, dep 13th
Lisbon - arrive 13th, Dep 15th
Porto - Arrive 15tth, Dep 16th
Madrid - Arrive 16th(Stay night of 16th+17th)dep 18th
Valencia - Arrive 18th(Stay night of 18+19th) dep20
Barcelona - arrive 20(stay night 20+21) dep 22
(I have one extra day to spare somewhere along the way - depending on what happens : )
Marseille arrive 22, dep 23
Turin arrive 23, dep 24
Bolzano arrive 24, dep 25
Venice arrive 26(stay night of 26+27) dep28
Bologna arr 28, (stay night of 28) dep 29
Florence arr 29, stay night of 29+30) dep 31
Rome arr 31st, stay night of 31st+1st, dep 2nd
Napoli arr 2nd, stay night of 2nd, dep 3
Bari(to get the ferry to Greece) 3rd
Greece and Eastern Europe

Follow this topic
Userpic

hedgehogs123
Traveller
113 comments

replied 14 years ago

It depends how long you will be staying in places and how you plan to get from place to place? Night trains or day trains as will depend on the 19:00hrs rule possibly as to the amount of trains you would actually need so that would determine the travel days and ticket you would need...

The other guys in here would be of more help in terms of the ticket etc etc

Ian

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

There is no reduction for travel longer than 30 days, you would have to buy more than 1 ticket.

A bit of general advice, try not to plan too much. The beauty with an IR ticket is that it is really flexible, so you can stay in places for longer/shorter than you had planned, depending on whether you like them or not.

Its a pretty hectic schedule for 3.5 weeks, averaging just over 1.5 days in each city - not really long enough to see a lot, and very tiring!

Id try to cut down a little, and then check out how long train journeys are/what time they go to make sure youre not arriving in places in the evening, and then having to leave the next morning. Then check out what suppliments you need to pay.

For a route through Eastern Europe, think about travelling up through Macedonia, into Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia (The Sarajevo - Mostar train is Excellent), Croatia and finishing up in Slovenia.