Userpic

paolacortese
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hi!

I am an Italian citizen who has always lived in Indonesia all of my life, although I have an Italian passport. I'm currently studying Italian language in Perugia but only for 1 MONTH. In my passport stated that I am a resident of Indonesia. Do I qualify for interrail ticket???

In other topics I read that I can do it, but when I tried to buy the ticket in the train station in Perugia but the guy wasn't sure about my case so he is hesitant to sell the ticket to me. In the website it said: The country of residence is the country in which you have lived for the last six months. Your InterRail ticket will be made out to your country of residence. and You must have had your country of residence in Europe for the last six months. I'm confused........ which part of the rule that said whether i can buy it or not? will i have problems in my trip because of this?

I know this question has been answered over and over again but I need a definite answer for my case as I'm leaving to travel in 2 weeks n still hasn't decide whether to use interrail or eurail. Thanks for answering!

Follow this topic
Userpic

hedgehogs123
Traveller
113 comments

replied 14 years ago

Do you have an Italian and Indonesian passport??
you can use your Italian one (I Think) as you were born in Italy so you are classed as a citzen. That bit of post u put in your message i belive applies to people born outside of Europe with no ties to Europe i.e Chiniese person living in China but if you have an Italian passport... Hmmmm
Peter will know for sure

Ian

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi ...
in general you can buy with your italian passport an interrail ticket. but if is stated that you lived all the time in indonesia, it should be Eurail. but I am not sure as well in your case. Peter :) [u]https://rail.cc/en/eurail[/u]

Userpic

paolacortese
Traveller
2 comments

replied 14 years ago

I only have an Italian passport. So can you confirm whether i can buy it or not? or who/where can i go for answers?

I would like to buy interrail because it seems like the most practical way of travelling but I'm afraid i will get problems when i ask my residency documents.... is it true that sometimes eurail can be cheaper than interrail? in what way?

Thanks guys!

Userpic

hedgehogs123
Traveller
113 comments

replied 14 years ago

You shouldn't need any residency documents because you have an ITALIAN passport, i'm a British citzen with british passport and am not taking proof of residency or ought like that. I personally cant see any problems because you are Italian..

Ian

Userpic

paolacortese
Traveller
2 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Ian,

have you been living outside of england and did you manage to buy n use your interrail ticket?

thanks for everyone who has replied. =)

Userpic

hedgehogs123
Traveller
113 comments

replied 14 years ago

No am living in England but the fact you have an Italian passport should mean you could buy a pass.