Userpic

DavidC
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Im travelling with 2 friends in August from Timisoara to Bucharest and then on to Sofia, I know we can get interail 1 country passes for both which will cost about £70 and then as far as I can tell we only have to pay reservation fee if we get a IC train from Timisoara to Bucharest, im not sure about to Sofia? or travel free on rapid trains. I cant seem to find out what the cost would be of just buying single point to point tickets for the journey instead and whether it would be cheaper than interail passes?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Alexander123
Traveller
8 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi.
I can tell you the prices for Timisoara - Bucharest, but, as Peter said, you have to contact C.F.R. (romanian railways company) to find out how much a ticket from Bucharest to Sofia will cost (since they don't display price information for the international trains, dunno why...).
So, from Timisoara to Bucharest, 1 ticket (full price, adult) will be 88,4 Ron (around 19 pounds/22 euro/ 29 dollars), if you take an intercity train (fastest trains here and the most expensive ones); 82,2 Ron (around 20,7 euro) per person with a Rapid train (same speed but not that expensive); 61,9 Ron (around 15 euro) per person with an Accelerat (about same speed, but less fancy). This route will take around 8-9 hours and there are 9 daily trains between Timisoara and Bucharest (2 Accelerat, 2 Intercity, 3 Rapid).
From Bucharest to Sofia i think it would be around 30, maximum 40, euros per person, but again, you must ask them. Is a info place for international trains opened 24/7 in Bucharest train station, where u can ask any questions and where you can buy tickets.