Userpic

chiichii
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hi, there!

I am going to travel from lyon to Paris and from aix-en-provence to avignon next week with interrail pass. I tried to make a reservation in my country before I go to France but I could not make it for TGV. I heard there are limited seats for interrail passenger so I am worried whether I can make a reservation for them. I really want to be there on the days so I really want to ride on the exact train I have searched.

I am going to make a reservation as soon as I arrived in France. Is there anyone knows about reservations in France in highest tour season in summer? Thank you.

Chii

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi Chii ...
then you have to buy it in France at a station. don't be fixed on one train, maybe you have to take an earlier or later one. ||
also there is the option to use slower regional trains - in case of emergency.
Peter :)

Userpic

chiichii
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

hello,peter!

Thank you for your information! I am relieved to hear that. If I can be the place that I want on the day, it is no problem for me. I will again try to search another train schedule.

Bests,
Chii

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

There is at least one connection every hour Lyon - Paris throughout the week so no difficulties there...Aix-en-Provence - Avignon is also easily doable by TER via Marseille (the TGV connection is much faster however you have to go to the city centres by bus transfer). :)

Flo 8)