Userpic

Uffie
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hello!
My friends and I want to take the ferry from Bari to Igloumenista.
First we want to take a global pass, but we only want to go in Italy and in Greece, so it was cheaper to take a one country pass italy and a one country pass greece.
Here xxxxxxnefits-italy (just cancelled the link as we are not the support/service of this company ;) ) they say that we can have the discount with one country pass italy, but I have read on the forum that we can't. So i would like to know if I misunderstand.
Moreover, they say too that we have to use one of our travel day [b]only [/b] if it's free. But we want to travel with blue fast ferry and we have only a discount, so if I've well understand we don't have to use one of our travel day? If yes, if we travel by train the day when we take the ferry, we use two day of travel?
thanks a lot,
bisousbisous :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi ...

if you want to have the free passage from Italy to Greece or back, you have to use one of your travel days. either the departure or the arrival day of your ferry journey. but as you will arrive in Bari or leave the harbour in Greece by train, you automatically have to use a travel day - so you won't need an extra one.

the ferry isn't really free as you have to pay a port tax and petrol supplement: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-ferry/italy/it[/u]
if you go until Patras, you have train connection to Athens: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail/athens-to-patras[/u]

and you can use the ferry for free when having either a GLOBAL pass or a ONE COUNTRY PASS GREECE PLUS as much as I know. I am pretty sure that with a ONE COUNTRY PASS ITALY it is not possible to use for free.

Peter :)

Userpic

Uffie
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

the work that you do on this forum is AWESOME. thanks a lot :)

Userpic

baobab
Traveller
128 comments

replied 14 years ago

Igoumenitsa connection with Athens by but is not that frequent and cozy , furthermore there is no train connection so Patras is your only option if you go from Italy to Greece..
maybe i will make an infopoint at Patras for interrailers and i will charge two cents..
8) :D