Userpic

Martinjimeenez
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I am looking for a person that has done this railtrip (Belgrado-Sofia) recently, either interrailing or not. I am searching for plenty of information on the Internet but I cant find a credible source of if this train does function nowadays

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

That will be an extremely tough job as this train/connection has not run since some 3 yrs-if not more by now.
Same-same Q pops up again&again-so yes, that info on www is correct; NO train/voz/vlak.
If hell-bent on using these iron monsters on rails as much as can-seat61.com . You loose many hrs by doing this switch train-bus-walk-train vs a direct bus and in the end it may even also cost more.
Note : to reach Bgrad will impose the same prob.: now only the line to Bar/Cerna Gora functions. NO trains over border Serbije to HU or HR or BiH

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

in addition to above, for some time there have only been 3 of us who answer questions and I don't think any of us have attempted this in recent years. So if you do have a go at it you will be the "expert" so please leave the details here!