Userpic

princepatni
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi, we are a couple from India, currently in Serbia. I am in Novi Sad and plan to visit Nis, and want to travel by Train. I am unable to find any train options, can someone please guide me?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 1 year ago

IF you are indeed now in NS you must also have got there-and I guess by train=voz. The line from Beograd has recently been upgraded to for Serbije extremely high standard with hourly brand new train.
If you have ever looked at a map must have noted that Nis is way south in Serbije thus you have to first go back to Bgrad. There is, perhaps, sometimes, if the stars are lucky and the set not broke, a train or 2/day to N from BG-cost is very low, standard also. You likely may even be able to buy a ticket in NS all the way, or not. Note that Nis is a bit really the end of the line at the mo if you are clinging to those iron monsters on the rails-as any sensible person over there takes a bus-much more reliable, faster, comfy, but not cheaper. So as I also assume you will not stay there forever-plus that there is hardly anything to do for a normal tourist- be warned. IF this is a part of further onward: check seat61.com, as always for more and actual and pro-rail advice.
As a evident hint: google ´train from A to B´ will always lead to links to it. It is a bit like serbije voz.

Userpic

princepatni
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thankyou so much. I get there is nothing much to do in Nis as tourist, I am going there to go further to Kopaonik from there. Or do you recommend to travel from Novi Sad to Kopaonik directly?

Thankyou for your response, you write amazing !