Userpic

Svenski99
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello Guys
This Page is such a great project, im so glad i have found it.
I dont have much Experience in travelling with train outside of Switzerland but i want to go to south Korea in the beginning of next year.
Do i need a Visa for travelling trough russia ? Is it possible to get as a western Person in these days ? Im not a political person, i just want to take the train trough russia.

Has anyone done such a train trip ? Would yall recommend ?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 1 year ago

1.visa always depend on what passpt you hold-and are not given granted thing even if. Useless to ask without even stating.
2.all details on seat61,.com
3.I guess you even follow news and know about some war going on by the Russki. This has led to sanctions which also restrict or even cancel about all links that used to exist to Byelorus-Russia.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

And the phrase " I'm not a political person, i just want to take the train through russia." is another way of saying "i don't care what Putin is doing to Ukraine" - it doesn't win friends.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Svenski.
It was more or less easy in the past. Tickets was available online. But for now, the route is not possible and also not recommended to cross Russia.
Beside that, the trains from Paris and Nice crossing Europe to get via Minsk (Belarus) to Moscow does not run anymore. The same for the Ukraine to Moscow routes.
Therefore lets hope for better times. :/
A route which still was possible last year: https://rail.cc/train/zurich-to-seoul
Best wishes, Peter :)

Attachment Image