not getting much help from KAI.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi.
What is your planed route. Maybe I can give you then in-deep details. :)
Otherwise for a general and good overview, also including buses if no trains are available is 12goasia: https://rail.shop/12go
Peter :)

Userpic

boyd
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi, thanks Peter, I would like to travel around Java by train, but KAI will answer me re train timetable, will not be using bus. train only trip:, again thanks Peter for your help all helps.
Boyd

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

Jadal waktu tidak ada. Maaf.
(there is no timetable anymore, sorry)
There is only-but it will only work for the better trains, online booking. In general all kereta api jalan hari-hari,an. Steam/firecarts run every day.
For the lokal and komuter you can only buy just before it goes-and I think now in the wider JKT area (JaBoTaBek) you must have a kind of chipcard.
In principle on pulau Jawa there are 2 main lines all the way from Kota Kotor (dirty city, JKT) to Surabaya, via the north-along coast/Semarang or the really old style main line via inland: Yogya-Solo. On many of the better trains you can only do long trips-there will be MIN. distance. have to use other lower graded trains for shorter. Ticket system has also changed a lot-a bit like airlines with check-in and getting boarding pass. Seems however you can also pre-order even at the kantor pos or other outlets.
If you are that stubborn ´tidak bas´ type you will face an extremely hard time, more so if knowing no bahasa.

Userpic

boyd
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

thank you for the info, will have to rethink my trip
best regards Boyd.