Userpic

roryroryrory
Traveller
39 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hey, I'm planning on going to Serbia in August and also going to Tito's grave whilst I am there.
I wanted to know whether it is ok to visit there or is there some negative stigma about going to it?

I am not pro Tito, I am not anti Tito, I just would like to go there.

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

Quite a lot of serbians are pretty pro Tito, so you shouldnt have a problem. Just remember to be respectful of everyones views, and dont try to force youre opinions on others

Userpic

roryroryrory
Traveller
39 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I am and will be neutral and respecting.

Another thing, is Albania worth a visit too?

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

well, id be jealous if youd said youd been. We ran out of time last year. It will be completly different to anywhere else that you will go, and really interesting I think. Its not in Interrail (in fact there were no international busses to/from Montenegro last year) and some of the north east border regions are a bit dodgy, but for a chance to experience a culture that will surely not be around for much longer i would go for it. Plus its very cheap, and there will hardly be any other tourists around.

Also worth noting - if youre planning on visiting Kosovo if you get a Kosovon stamp on your passport you may not be able to reenter Serbia. That was the situation last year, of course if might have changed by now but your best bet is to check with the FCO/youre foreign office

Userpic

roryroryrory
Traveller
39 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks for the info.
I was planning spending a month around Europe, but now a lot of it will be in the balkans