Userpic

eilz01
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi...I am from Ireland....I am going interrailing the 25th of July 2009, with a 22day Global pass.First me and my boyfriend are travelling to Italy and spending 8 days travelling around there, is that too much? Then we are taking a night train from Rome to Paris and meeting up with three more friends....we then plan to spend 2 days in Paris, travel on to Amsterdam and spend 3days there, travel to Berlin and spend 3-4 days there, then travel to Prague spend 2-3 days there, get a train to Munich and Fly home to Ireland. What do you thinik of that plan??

how much spending money would I need? I have my interrail ticket paid for, but plan to do souvenir shopping over ther too :))

Can ye tell me any nice beaches near Rome?

And are there many theme parks / water parks in Italy?

Any useful information on these countries??

Has anyone ever heard of the Euro 26 card? is it of any use?

I would appreciate any helpful info!! :D :arr: :arr:

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

8 days in italy! Not enough! Sounds like a nice route, im afraid i cant help with the other questions - hopefully someone else can

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 15 years ago

Add a day in Paris instead of Amsterdam - way more to see and do there. ;)

Nice route indeed - mostly direct trains without supplements; dont use Thalys for going from Paris to Amsterdam:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/paris-to-amsterdam[/u]

How long does the whole trip last - how will you get to Italy? Plane I guess?
For 22 days I would calculate with ~500-600 GBP depending on where you'd like to stay (hostel, campsite). But I'm more on the money saving side so maybe another 100 GBP could be good for some extra shopping.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 15 years ago

in Berlin chose a hostel close to the corner of Friedrichshain. good to go out in the evening, a lot of bars on the road and young people. :)

Userpic

eilz01
Traveller
3 comments

replied 15 years ago

[quote]Add a day in Paris instead of Amsterdam - way more to see and do there. ;)

Nice route indeed - mostly direct trains without supplements; dont use Thalys for going from Paris to Amsterdam:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/paris-to-amsterdam[/u]

How long does the whole trip last - how will you get to Italy? Plane I guess?
For 22 days I would calculate with ~500-600 GBP depending on where you'd like to stay (hostel, campsite). But I'm more on the money saving side so maybe another 100 GBP could be good for some extra shopping.[/quote]

....Well we plan to fly back in home on the 14th August!!Ya we will fly to Italy but finding it kinda difficult to find a flight at the moment! thats great thanks. :D