Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Swedish family that wants to start off our interrailtour from Barcelona, Spain. Thought it would be easiest to buy the ticket there after spending some time in and around Barcelona.
Mailed a question to swedish railwayoperators regarding where to buy ticket, they answered that it has to be bought in sweden for swedish citicens or with sweden as country of recidence. Put out the same question here and got this ansver from SiDUDe » 18.05.2009 - 21:19
you can buy it anywhere but your home country will be sweden, so you wont be able travel for free there.

There seems to be some discrepancy in information that I want to straighten out.
-Can I, as swedish recident, buy my interrail ticket anywhere in Europe????

I suspect that the swedish railoperator either missunderstands the setup or they´re just eager to sell the ticket themself -I don´t know! Can´t find any deathsure info on the webb - could somebody please direct me to exact info on this issue.
-Does anybody out there know for sure what the deal is? I´m not all that eager to find out to late, already landed in Barcelona Spain, that our travelplan goes down the drain cause of false info.

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 14 years ago

of course i ment INTERRAILticket

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 14 years ago

if you are in Barcelona, without any problems you will buy IR on station Sants and I hope Franca too.

generally you can buy it on bigger station in europe.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

I confirm this ... as you see the [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] can as sell tickets to every nationality of Europe and send them to their home - as well to a hotel for example in Spain ... ;)
and I agree: maybe the operator just wanted to sell the ticket to get the commission. ;)
and why not supporting the railcc project by buying your tickets at [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] ?!? :)