Userpic

chansinibombini
Traveller
5 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Can anyone estimate the price of getting from Brussels to Novi sad (Serbia) without an Interrail pass?
I just don't know if it would be worth it.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

no information... seems you travel to Exit festival... ?! ;)
then it is a topic for [b]SiDUDe[/b] :)

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

hello!

ahh exit, fun times. If you want the absolute cheapest way of getting there it would probably be a bus to budapest and then the train down. For a return trip a 5 in 10 day IR pass would serve you well I think - seen as you can do it like this:

Say you want to arrive wednesday:
Leave tuesday evening, ICE to Frankfurt (suppliment small, if not none), quite an expensive ticket to book normally
CNL Overnight to Vienna (small suppliment for overnight couchette etc) again reasonably expenisve to book normally
Then EC to Budapest, again no suppliment
And an IC down to Novi Sad (the party train! you probably dont even need a ticket for this, since the conductor is NEVER going to get all the way down the train to check!)
Arriving about 7pm on Wednesday.

Similarly on the way back.

Unless you want to go through the pain of trying to get cheap advance fares on all the routes, I reckon IR will be cheaper

Have lots of fun partying down at Exit, gutted I cant be there for the 10th Birthday bash!

Simon

Userpic

chansinibombini
Traveller
5 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thanks for the info SiDUDe! Its just that my friend is coming with me as far as Novi Sad and doesnt know if it would be cheaper to just buy the train tickets as the come. i myself am heading from Novi up to Budapest, Prague and Krakow!! Should be amazing

I cannot WAIT for EXIT!