Userpic

Swede
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 14 years ago

First of all, you guys are doing a great job helping us newbies on here. Being all patient. It's much appreciated!
So, I too have a question regarding the tickets... Since the longest amount of travel days on one ticket is only 1 month and I'm planning to be on the road(rails) for 6-7 weeks, I'll have to buy another one (say the 10 days of travel within 22 one), right? If so, will I first have to cross the boarder into another country than the one I bought the ticket in to activate it? Or is there some other solution I've missed if you wan't to travel for more than a month?
Thanks in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi Swede... :)
it is no problem to own two tickets... for example the ONE Month GLOBAL Pass and the 10 days within 22 Pass ... you do not have to activate it or cross a border or so...
just buy them online and they will be send to your home (or wherever you want to have them).

it is even possible to own to tickets valid at the same time - okay, it makes no sense... ;)
just do it this way:
- InterRail GLOBAL Pass ONE MONTH
- InterRail GLOBAL Pass 10 days in 22
put them in one after an other in your basket and give your second pass as starting date one day more than the ending day of the first one.
if you want to support the railcc project, order your tickets via [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] ... delivery is possible within 48 hours ... and of course it is secure delivery.

I hope this will help you ... and welcome to the forum, Peter :)

Userpic

Swede
Traveller
2 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thank you so much for your help Peter! And the welcome :)
But owning 2 tickets right from the start of my journey seems a bit risky, since I won't be using the second one until after a month of travel. But, when the one month global pass runs out, it's possible to just buy the 10 days within 22 ticket at any big train station? Like saying, Heck, I wanna continue traveling, so I'll just go straight in to the ticket office and buy another interrail pass! Or am I too naive here? lol...
Thanks again!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

yes you can - but not in the UK - try to speak the language of the country - an go to a real big station - sometimes they even don't know the InterRail ticket.
so the best way is definitely to do it online ...
[ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
Peter :)