Userpic

roff89
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello,

I'm such a rookie at this and so i am very confused. I really dont know what ticket i need.

Here is my itinerary:

SPAIN --> MADRID,VALENCIA,BARCELONA

ITALY --> MILAN,ROME,RIMINI (then i have 10 days of no travelling), then i need to somehow get from italy to greece on one of the farries, best route would be Ancona to Igoumenitsa OR Brindisi to Igoumenitsa (so that would include getting from rimini to either Ancona or Igoumenitsa)

GREECE --> IGOUMENITSA to THESSALONIKI, ATHENS, SANTORINI

so questions are.....
should i get a ONE COUNTRY pass for each country (greece plus for the greece one)? so 3 tickets?

if i get the greece plus one, does it include farries from ATHENS to SANTORINI?

should i just get the GLOBAL ticket?

when it says e.g. 3 days in 1 month....does that mean 3 journeys in one month? or actually 3 days? because you could have more than 3 journeys in a day.

how do the one country passes work going from country to country? e.g spain to italy?

with the start journey of each ticket....do i put the date that i will first start using that ticket or so i put the date that i will be starting my adventure?

i think thats all for now :)
sorry if i have confused you.
thankyouu

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

I already answered you this topic by email.
some extras:

- 3 full travel days (00:01h - 23:59h) with as much trains as you want.
if you want, you can use the 1900h rule as well: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train[/u]

- when crossing a border, you need ONE travel day for Spain, ONE for France. on transfers (example Spain to Italy) you won't get a discount.

- you have to fix the starting day of your ticket when purchasing it online. the 3 travel days you fill in flexible and free, whenever you need them.

Peter :)

Userpic

roff89
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

ahh thankyou so much!
can i use the 1900 rule for the farry with the greece plus ticket?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

for all over-night ferries with InterRail discounts (such as the one Italy-Greece) you have to chose either the DEPARTURE or the ARRIVAL day as one of your travel days.
for example: if you are coming in the morning from Rome to Bari to take in the afternoon the over-night ferry Bari-Patras (Greece), select the departure day as your travel day for the ferry, as you already used the train in the morning...
:)

Userpic

roff89
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

but aren't i using two different tickets? the italy one from rome to bari and then the greece plus one for the farry?
and if im getting on a train when i get to greece after the farry should i put it as the ARRIVAL date?
very technical stuff haha, thanks for all the help!!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

oh yes I forgot that you travel on a ONE Country InterRail Pass. sorry... :|

so you have to travel on your GREECE PLUS - One Country Pass for the ferry. and take one of the travel days of this pass. take the arrival date in Greece and continue your travels then from Patras in direction of Athens and so on on the same day.

and yes... very technical for a holiday... ;)
Peter :)

Userpic

roff89
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

ahhh perfect thanks peter!

Userpic

roff89
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

oh really sorry, but does the greece plus ticket include travel from athens to santorini?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

the ferry to Santorini is not included in InterRAIL - as InterRAIL is a RAIL ticket. :)
but here you will find some information: [u]https://rail.cc/en/krakow-praha-ljubljana-vienna-athens-santorini-venice-lisbon/f2449[/u]
:)