Userpic

Mike128
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi, my girlfriend and I are planning to travel across eastern Europe on an interrail ticket this summer and we were hoping to take a night train from lake bled to Sarajevo but we've been unable to work out what the supplement we'll have to pay will be. If anyone could help us out by pointing out where to find this information it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any help :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

ok first of all you travel by free EC to Zagreb and change there - the train from Zagreb to Sarajevo has seats and a couchette car. Now - according to one passenger on another website he got a couchette for a €10 suppliment (and this was coming the other way, from bosnia, but buying it on the train. He says the train was very empty, so it is quite likely that the €10 went straight to the conductor and nowhere else...

€10-15 would be pretty reasonable in my experience for a couchette in that part of the world.

Have a great trip, they are both exceptionally beautiful places!

Lesce Bled dep 17:49 EC 213 Eurocity
Zagreb Glavni Kolod. arr 20:55
Zagreb Glavni Kolod. dep 21:25 D 399 Nacht-Schnellzug
Sarajevo arr 06:39

Userpic

Christiaan
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hey Mike~
I saw what are you asking for and I would like to give you one smart advice about EC 213 train that is SIDUDe suggesting. I’m a local guy (so from Slovenia) and I can tell you that EC train 213 has almost each day a delay that is sometimes bigger from 30min (this is the transfer time you have according to timetable between arrival to Zagreb and departure to Sarajevo). Missing night-train would be a shame, so I have for you another advice.

[b]Instead travelling with EC 213 use IC 311:
Lesce Bled dep 15:49 IC 311
Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor arr. 18:56
For Sarajevo use same train like SIDUDe said.[/b]

In Zagreb you’ll have enough time for a drink, to buy some snacks and maybe reserve a couchette. About the prices of the couchette unfortunately I don’t know, but they aren’t so expensive.

I wish you great trip!
Christiaan

Btw, I’m not sure what SIDUDe wanted to say with “travel [b]by free EC [/b]to Zagreb”. I’ve never heard that this train would be free.

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

my bad - i meant free of suppliments :D