Userpic

Vlad
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 15 years ago

We plan a big route in Europe with a lot of night trains, so we need reservations for them.

I will be at Helsinki on Saturday, 2 may.

Who knows - is it possible to buy reservations on railroad station at Helsinki? Or there are no terminals connected with other european rail networks? Or (probably) the main ticket center is closed on Saturdays?

Vlad.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi Vlad... you should get at least some of your supplements. not all ... :)

Userpic

Vlad
Traveller
6 comments

replied 15 years ago

So they have connection with other systems. That's great.

I had doubts because there are no direct trains from Finland to other European countries. But even DB has no office in Finland (only in Sweden).

Vlad.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

they should have. but it is often hard to get supplements for trains in eastern europe for example.... at least just try it. you cant loose anything. :)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

Apart from the Pendolino trains (S220 in the the timetable) there are no supplements when using domestic rail passes here. I think the same applies to interrail tickets. Feel free to ask more as I live here in Helsinki.

Userpic

Vlad
Traveller
6 comments

replied 14 years ago

To whom it may concern (in the future).

I had bought almost all reservations in Helsinki with following problems:
1) Only scandinavian tickets are availiable 3 months in advance. Others - only 2 months.
2) I had bought many reservations: Stockholm-Malmo-Berlin, Gettingen-Paris-Irun-Madrid, Cerbere-Paris-Bruxelles, Amsterdam-Basel-Linz, Wien-Venezia, Bratislava-Praha-Krakow-Wroclaw, Berlin-Warsaw. Night trains, spain express train, Thalys,...
But It was unable to buy:
a) Madrid-Girona (it seems that spain railways didn't open that train for selling, despite of schedule changing at 11/06)
b) Warsaw-Minsk ( usual problem with trains crossing the Belarus border). I bought them in Petersburg.
c) Venezia-Budapest. Neither me nor Ticket Master understood why. The system sees tickets, but do not allow to buy them.

Vlad.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

[quote]
c) Venezia-Budapest. Neither me nor Ticket Master understood why. The system sees tickets, but do not allow to buy them.
[/quote]

The same problems occur at Graz at the moment.