Userpic

carlos1961
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello
Please help me with this matter
I want to travel from Locarno(Switzerland) to Geneve. I saw this 2nd class ticket "Saver Day Pass" on the Swiss official Railway site(SBB CFF FFS), costing 52 CHF, my doubt is, can i buy purchase this ticket or do i have to buy a GA Travelcard first?
The point-to-point ticket costs 100 CHF. Why this huge difference?

Thank you in advance
Carlos Esteves

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 1 year ago

You can buy the Saver Day Pass without a Half Price Card but only a fixed number are sold for each day and the price is not fixed, it can go up ( they begin at CHF 29 if you have a half price card but they are rarely available at that price). If you can buy one before they sell out they are valid only on the day selected, if you wait the price may rise, without a Half Price Card for tomorrow the price is currently over double the start price. You cannot buy on the day of travel and they are only available on the website or App. Refund is only possible in few circumstances if you cannot travel on the day chosen.

https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/day-pass/saver-day-pass.html there is a link for a map of routes where it is valid. In your case you can also use it on TPG buses and trams in Geneve.

Userpic

carlos1961
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi
Thank you very much for your complete explanation, MisterSteve.