Userpic

Mellanie-Mustafa1801
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I am Indonesian Passport holder. Will be travelling to Switzerland (Zurich) by train from Amsterdam. In between i need to transit in Mannheim (only 23 mins transit time). Do i have enough time at this transit? And do i have a long queue for immigration? I just worry for my transit time really. Pls advise me. Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

I see no problem here. There is approximatly every hour a train from Mannheim to Basel (and from there to Zürich). So if you miss the connection, you just wait an hour. The border queus will only be at the airport (Amsterdam Sciphol I presume) but not thereafter. Switserland is not an EU country, but it is a member of the Schengen area, which means free travel amongst the countries.

Userpic

Mellanie-Mustafa1801
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Arend7. thank you so much for the info. it does help and i've got my train tickets alread. cheers

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 1 year ago

The train into Mannh will be late-about any german ICE train currently is. IN the train they will announce if other train is also late and goes from what platform-most often other side. Most oiften the Swiss borderpolice walks through the train at the 1st stop in Basel (bad) and may choose some people to show passprt/visa etc. They are very much used to orang2 turis disitu.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
858 comments

replied 1 year ago

When (date and times) is this journey? I can't find a sensible journey with connection at Mannheim. This rings an alarm bell that the journey has been routed via Paris, which is not sensible.