Userpic

Mellanie-Mustafa1801
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 4 months ago

I am Indonesian Passport holder. Will be travelling to Switzerland (Zurich) by train from Amsterdam. In between i need to transit in Mannheim (only 23 mins transit time). Do i have enough time at this transit? And do i have a long queue for immigration? I just worry for my transit time really. Pls advise me. Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
267 comments

replied 4 months ago

I see no problem here. There is approximatly every hour a train from Mannheim to Basel (and from there to Z├╝rich). So if you miss the connection, you just wait an hour. The border queus will only be at the airport (Amsterdam Sciphol I presume) but not thereafter. Switserland is not an EU country, but it is a member of the Schengen area, which means free travel amongst the countries.

Userpic

Mellanie-Mustafa1801
Traveller
1 comments

replied 4 months ago

Hi Arend7. thank you so much for the info. it does help and i've got my train tickets alread. cheers

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1121 comments

replied 4 months ago

The train into Mannh will be late-about any german ICE train currently is. IN the train they will announce if other train is also late and goes from what platform-most often other side. Most oiften the Swiss borderpolice walks through the train at the 1st stop in Basel (bad) and may choose some people to show passprt/visa etc. They are very much used to orang2 turis disitu.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
281 comments

replied 4 months ago

When (date and times) is this journey? I can't find a sensible journey with connection at Mannheim. This rings an alarm bell that the journey has been routed via Paris, which is not sensible.