Userpic

Luiza
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello,
This might not be the right place to be asking this questions, but all roads led me here.
I'm planning to take a train from Lamezia Terme to Villa San Giovanni (both locations in Italy). I will have three pieces of luggage, and just myself to carry it all. As I consider the logistics of this, I'm wondering: 1) if the central train station in Lamezia Terme has trolleys to place your luggage on, or anything like that that might facilitate the process of moving luggage around; and 2) how would this work on the train: would I have to pay extra for luggage? Is there room to store this luggage on the train? Or should I look into having one of the pieces of luggage shipped directly to my final destination and avoid the hassle? Any insight would be helpful. Thank you, Luiza.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
909 comments

replied 1 year ago

The rules in Italy are somewhat flexible. The Trenitalia website says there is no limit on baggage - as long as you can carry it and store it on board without causing obstructions. It does not say how much space you have for that and much will depend on type of train and time of day. There are many pictures of the station in Wikipedia, none show any trolleys but they do show your other problem. Platforms are accessed from a subway and there are no lifts up - you will have to drag your bags down and up stairs. If you are coming from the airport you need to check the shuttle bus rules. If going to Sicily it would be a good idea to try and use a direct train which goes on the ferry and avoids you having to unload the luggage until you reach the island.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 1 year ago

Having just travelled across IT -on a pass, and with as little luggage as possible, I can state there are NO trolley´s anywhere in IT. You may be lucky if there is a lift-with lots of searching that stazione will then be classified as ´handicap accessible´. Many or not.
On airport treni it is very common to see people put all their loads of luggages on seats-me first. You also have to wear masks-FFP2, and this is also checked.

Userpic

Luiza
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you for this information!