Traveller
5 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello,
I find a direct night train between Warsaw and Berlin:
D 448
Warszawa Zachodnia 21:36
Berlin-Lichtenberg 08:06

But this train is not listed on this site.
I would like to know the prices for a couchette (5/6-bed) in this country it seems to be between 13.5 and 20€, but I would like to know the exact price to choose my trip.

(I come from Vienna and after that I will go to Berlin and I'm hesitating between Krakow and Warsaw. Is one of this two cities better to be visited?)

Thank you
Etienne

Follow this topic
Userpic

vienhu
Traveller
18 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi, Etienne! :)
it is good choise to go with this train to Warsow or Krakow...
btw... I and lots of my friend prefer Krakow to visiting! :)

this train have couchettes and sleeper-cars going with 449 to Warsow (on Warszawa Centralna at 8:10 ) and some cars are to Krakow (on Krakow Glowny at 9:18 ) and are going from Krzyz with train 83706...
I don't know prices but give me some time and I ask my friends in ticket office... I will be know that by this afternoon :)

So...
In couchette 4-beds - 20 Euro
in 6 - beds - 13,40 Euro
it is the same price for Brelin - Warsow and Berlin - Krakow

:)

Userpic

etienne
Traveller
5 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thank you very much for having asked your friend!

I believe that I can book the 6-bed couchette only in Germany or Poland, can't I?

Are the 6-beds rooms often full in these trains in summer?
I'm affraid to be block in Poland and have to pay an more expensive couchette or an expensive hotel...

Userpic

vienhu
Traveller
18 comments

replied 15 years ago

It is hard to say about free places in this train in summer because this train have new way by this year and new terms of check-in ... and I suppose that it can change by this summer... maybe this will by EuroNight and then terms will be change... In previous year it has high frequention on summer...

But this train have high frequetion in seat-cars but in season it could be more also on couchette, so if you can, buy your ticket earlier...

How about buing ticket in other country on that train I really don't know, but I can ask... I think it is possible! All international trains are available in international system of reservations even if it not going through this country...

good luck! :)

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 15 years ago

without any problems you should buy ticket in Germany.

Userpic

efepar
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

hello,

does somebody know a way to buy a ticket for this train online? I live abroad and will be in Warsaw in the date of departure. I think that I couldn't find free place if I bought the ticket on that day at the station, don't I ?

And is there any places or cabinets for leaving my luggage at the warsaw central station? how much do I pay for 24 hours?

thanx for answers

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

[u]https://rail.cc/en/warsaw-warszawa-berlin-train/f3964[/u]