Userpic

Kathy20
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hey Guys!

I Need your experience! I cant Reserve a Place in one TGV to Paris. Can I take the Train without reservation? Do you have some tips?

Thank you for your help!

Greetings Katharina

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Katharina!

Which TGV are you looking at?
You shouldnt just enter the train without a reservation and hope for the best - the better option is to look for the train staff at the platform and ask them if you can hop on. They could then sell you a reservation on-board (if seats are available) which normally is a little bit more expensive or just let you travel without one (I had both experiences).

Flo

Userpic

Kathy20
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Okay thank you so much for your Information. I try my best and ask the stuff at the Plattform. I have a reservation from
Paris to Bordeaux :) I Hope the best:))

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

So you have a reservation for the TGV Paris to Bordeaux?
But you also want to travel on another TGV to Paris, and dont have a reservation for this train? Is that correct?

Keep in mind that at some stations in France there can be barriers right at the entrance to the platform where tickets are inspected; this can complicate things since there often is staff which only checks tickets but doesnt get on the train (such as at the stations in Paris). If you have to start from such a big station (Paris, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Marseille etc) make sure to be there early.

Userpic

Kathy20
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

I Must take the Train from essen (Germany) to Paris without reservation. From Paris to Bordeaux I have a reservation :) i Hope the staff understand the Situation :) But you also take a TGV without reservation and the staff let you go in? Thank you for your help:)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hm...from Essen there is no TGV to Paris. Are you talking about the Thalys via Brussels or are you going to Frankfurt or Stuttgart first to catch a TGV from there.
I dont know about these international services...you can definitely ask the train staff but should also have a plan B if they refuse you to let you board.

Userpic

Kathy20
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hey:) i mean this Trip :)

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

That's not a TGV it's Thalys, which is a different company. If you are using an Interrail pass the so called reservation fee is actually a "Pass holder" fare, which is why it seems expensive. You will be charged even if you can't find a seat. The 32€ price may go up or Pass holder fares may be sell out.
https://www.thalys.com/nl/en/deals-fares/eurail-and-interrail-passes-with-thalys