Userpic

solomolo
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Is paper ticket compulsory or just mobile pass enough and also what is paper ticket like , do we have to write the trains we use? ( I guess I read it like something this somewhere)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

It's Paper OR app, not AND. Yes, you have to write the trains you plan to use. There is room for it on the pass. At the end of your trip you are asked to send the pass back (without costs), so Interrail knows which train companies they have to pay. Without that your pass is not valid. With the app that goes automaticcaly through the air.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Paper still much easier to handle IMO

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 1 year ago

Update: since the mobile passes came, there is NO more need/wish to send back the paper passes with the travel report on it. They used to have a adress+postage on it, that is no more. Though the site (not this one-this is a minor one which still comes on top on google for some reason) states one can have paper pass as ticket and use mobile for the trips made-you are wel advised to NOT do that-there have been quite a few reports-again on the bigger-´official´ forum site, that many conductors do not comprehend that way. And yes, it also seems that mobile gives much more problems in general-notwithstanding the assumed skills of todays juniors to put everything on their holy fone.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

(off-topic, but I assume the high ranking at Google is stimulated by the bed booker)