Userpic

M&M
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hey :)

I have a little question, Im hoping u can answer. Me and my friend are studying in UK, but have danish passports. We are going interrailing over Easter, but are not sure which country our ticket wouldn´t include, would it be Denmark or the UK?

Cheers

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ... :)
the problem is always the country of residence in which you can not travel for free. so the last six months of you stay are important.
but as you have an European passport (Danish), you can buy a Danish InterRail ticket, even if you stayed in the UK for more than six months. better to travel for free in the UK then in the smaller (and so cheaper) country like Denmark.
if you want an UK InterRail ticket, you can get one if you have residency permit or official documents. but I do not recommend it - as usually (even if you have the right and these are the official rules) if you travel on an UK InterRail ticket with a Danish passport (or on a German ticket with an Italian passport and so on .... ) the staff in the trains often do not understand it when they check the ticket.
do it the easy way... and travel on a Danish InterRail ticket. you won't have any problems!! :)
you can order your official Danish InterRail ticket at [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] (then you support the forum and the website here - thank you) ... the delivery address can be at the university, your apartment or somewhere else. the tickets will arrive by secure mail. :)
have a good time travelling Europe by train !!
Peter :)

Userpic

Chris00
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

This pass is not valid in the passholder’s country of residence.

I have quite a similar question. I study in the UK and have a German passport. As I already booked my flight from and back to UK, I do not need train tickets between Germany and the UK.
I would like to start my travel in Italy and end it in Germany. Does this mean I have to buy a UK InterRail ticket?

Thanks!!

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 15 years ago

this means that in german part of your trip you can not use IR like in other countries.
in Germany you have only some discount but i don't know how much it would be.