Userpic

Coffeeman
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello.
I am planning a trip with Interrail.
But my country isn't a member of Schengen Zone, it means that I must get a visa, but in order to receive Schengen visa I have to give together with another documents a tickets (train`s or air), in my case is Interrail.
My question: can my brother, who has Schengen visa, buy Youth Interrail for me?
I know about post service delivery, but this option doesn't suitable for me - is it safe for Russia?

P.S.: Sorry for my terrible English :o

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi.

The official InterRail pass is possible to delivery by express service.
So it is save. It will arrive.
Delivery is usually within 3 business days (see details in the shop at the end of your ordering process).
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-global-pass[/u]

You do not need a Schengen visa to buy the ticket. Simply order online, fill in the data needed (name, passport number, country of residence=Russia, and so on ...).
And then you can ask for your Schengen visa with the InterRail ticket in your hands.

I recommend not to buy the ticket at a travel agency in Russia, as we had already some fake tickets bought there. ||

If you have some more questions, let me know.
Peter :)

Userpic

Coffeeman
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

Do you know? Can I instead of my home address to state address DHL office and receive Interrail ticket there?
:)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

yes you can ...
you can also fill in a delivery address somewhere else in Europe. for example if your brother lives with his Schengen visa in Germany, you can send the ticket to him. no problem.
just do a test-purchase of an InterRail ticket on [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
fill in everything... and you will see the possibility of a delivery address at the end of the order form. you can stop the purchase before the final order!! so no problem to test it !! :)

Userpic

Coffeeman
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

Great thanks :D

Userpic

victoria986
Traveller
7 comments

replied 13 years ago

Could somebody help me with advice?
I`m going to Shengen(Berlin) from Moscow by bus. And after I`d like to use trains to travel in Europe. I want to book interrail pass, but I don`t want to pay for DHL (quite expensive for me). Could I book it online here in Moscow and after get it somewhere in Berlin?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi Victoria.
You can buy the ticket as well directly at the main station in Berlin (Berlin Hauptbahnhof). Pay attention to get a correct one! With country of residence: RUSSIA.
Peter :)

Userpic

victoria986
Traveller
7 comments

replied 13 years ago

Many thanks for Your quick answer, Peter!
So there are no problems with buying it without booking? That is awesome!)

And another 2 questions:
1. Where can I check for which trains the reservation is a necessity and in which ones I can just jump in at a last second?)))
2. Does interrail pass work for TGV in France?

Thanks in advance,
Victoria

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

- Here are the lists of trains requiring supplements/reservations separated by countries: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation[/u]
- Yes, you can use TGV trains, but you will need a reservation. [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation/tgv-sncf/42[/u]

Flo 8)

Userpic

victoria986
Traveller
7 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thank you for this helpful information!

Userpic

Rapunzel
Traveller
1 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi, I have a question concerning InterRail. Actually I am Russian but I have Dutch Residence from November, 2009 till November, 2010. There is a stamp in my passport but it is written there that I can stay in the Netherlands till June. And I have separate IND Card till November, 2010. I plan to travel in July. So my question: what should I put in Country of Residence? Russia or Netherlands? If Netherlands how can I use my Interrail to go from Amsterdam to Brussels/Antwerpen? I have also NS Discount card (40% for Dutch railway).
Thanks in advance