Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 15 years ago

I am an American but I am currently living in the U.K. on a student visa. Can I purchase my InterRail ticket before I have officially been living in the U.K. for 6 months and then use only once I hit that mark?

Thank you!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej...
you need the 6 months...!!! ||
if you did not lived 6 months in Europe (the UK in your case), you have to travel by the EURAIL ticket, which is a bit more expensive...
Peter :)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

I know that I have to have been living in Europe for 6 months once I actually use the InterRail pass but the question is can I purchase one before then (say if I have only been here 5 months)?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

oh okay... sorry... I misunderstood it ...
YES... this is no problem ... you need the 6 months on the first day your ticket is valid... but you can buy it already before (when you stayed 5 months in Europe or so) !! :)

Userpic

boyfinley
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi, I have my own six month question..

I'm an Australian who arrived in London on the 6th of July but wanted to travel from the 23rd of December, two weeks short of the six month period. Am I just out of luck?

Prior to arriving in London, I spent one month in Paris (starting the 6th of June), does that help me at all?

Thanks in advance!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ... if you have a visa printed in your passport saying that you stayed 6 months in Europe then it is no problem... you simply need something to show the staff in the trains - something they can understand. so normally the best is to have a six month visa (stamped six months or more ago), than it is easy. otherwise you have to travel by EURAIL.
Peter :)

Userpic

hsachdevah
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

I am staying in Austria and Hold a Indian Passport. I have a resident permit card for Austria since more than 6 months. But my last valid visa on passport is less than 6 months old.
So which will be considered as my proof of residence, the passport or the residence permit?
And where do I have to show this proof to get interrail tickets?