Userpic

hrafnhilduryr
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello.
Im going on an interrail for the first time and I am a little confused about this 10 days within 22 days ticket...

The route I will go is:
Osnabrueck – Leipzig – Dresden – Prague – Krakow – Budapest – Bratislava – Vienna – Salzburg - Munich

And the only night train I am planning on taking is between Krakow-Budapest but there are no stops. These are excactly 10 traveldays then right? So I don't have to buy a normal 22 day ticket or am i missunderstanding this?

But if I buy a month ticket then I can travel every day for a whole month if I want to? Does the month ticket work like that?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi ...
it depends what your country of residence is... Germany? if yes, you don't need to count the travel days in Germany, as you won't travel for free there. then reflect about Spar-Preis, Ländertickets or the Schönes-Wochenend-Ticket.
for the night train: it counts as only one travel day when the night train leaves after 1900h in the evening. just fill in your ticket the date of the next day and you travel by night train and the full next day. it is then counted as only ONE of your travel days (see also the rule of 19h here in the forum).
with a one month global pass you can travel every day within a period of one month... you are right ...!! :)
have a sunny day, Peter :)

Userpic

hrafnhilduryr
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

what means country of residence? I am from Iceland and I also live there but now I am already in Germany but just as a tourist... so then I will travel free in Germany right?

[quote]hi ...
it depends what your country of residence is... Germany? if yes, you don't need to count the travel days in Germany, as you won't travel for free there. then reflect about Spar-Preis, Ländertickets or the Schönes-Wochenend-Ticket.
for the night train: it counts as only one travel day when the night train leaves after 1900h in the evening. just fill in your ticket the date of the next day and you travel by night train and the full next day. it is then counted as only ONE of your travel days (see also the rule of 19h here in the forum).
with a one month global pass you can travel every day within a period of one month... you are right ...!! :)
have a sunny day, Peter :) [/quote]

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

the country of residence is the place you lived the last 6 months. so you will own an Icelandic InterRail Pass and travel for FREE in Germany !! :)
pay attention: the ICEs are FREE to use. you do NOT need a reservation, as often said by the staff !!! :)

Userpic

hrafnhilduryr
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

uhh! ICEs are free!!? Nice! I´m so loving that! ;)

[quote]the country of residence is the place you lived the last 6 months. so you will own an Icelandic InterRail Pass and travel for FREE in Germany !! :)
pay attention: the ICEs are FREE to use. you do NOT need a reservation, as often said by the staff !!! :) [/quote]

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

if you do not have a reservation for an ICE (it costs 4 EUR per train - and you only need it on peak times like in the early morning or at the afternoon 16-19h and on Friday+Sunday evenings), go to the end of the train... in the middle of the trains the places are full of reservations. at the end not !! :)