Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello,

Im going on interrail next week for 22 days.
Im having some problems chosing the footwear I'll use. I want you to give me some advices on the footwear.

Im thinking on taking this type of footwear: [photo had to be deleted. sorry]

what do you think? they are confortable for walking.

Anyway, I want to know what are you wearing and what do you advice.

thanks in advance,
Paulo M

Follow this topic
Userpic

MariaRK
Traveller
13 comments

replied 15 years ago

It all depends on what you prefer really...
I just got back from a month of interrailing, and even though I had brought sneakers, I never used them.
I was walking around in my 30€ sandals the entire way :P

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

I made the same experiences... you simply need some normal shoes like you wear them when going shopping in a city ... okay, a bit comfortable as well to walk sometime 10km or more ... but just normal shoes are enough !! :)
important: wear these shoes one or two weeks already before your tour - because with new shoes you will have pain until they really fit !! ;)

Userpic

jfrench12
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

I'm going to take a pair of light trainers and then just some flip flops. No doubt I'll have to carry a few pairs of my girlfriends shoes as well though! xo

Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 15 years ago

Cheap sandals and my Converse All Star for longer walks.. And it worked out perfect, except for a couple of blisters the first few days in the sandals.

Userpic

FloChaoZ
Traveller
6 comments

replied 15 years ago

well, i bought real walking-shes (kind of boots) and was pretty pleased to have them. they were absolutely waterproof, my feet felt great even after a long walk, ...

probably it would also work with normal shoes as all the others said, but i was happy with my choice ;)