Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2469 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Me and two friends are looking for a nice hostel in Prague. Prague is our first destination and we are travelling from Utrecht to Prague by nighttrain. We will arrive on 31th of july and we want to stay for a couple of days. Does anyone have good experiences with a specific hostel in Prague? Please let me know.

Even more important, where in Prague should we go out?

:D

Ciao

Follow this topic
Userpic

ferdicoast
Traveller
1 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hey!!

I'm going to Prague and is my first stop too, but I arrive earlier (29th July) and stay for 2 or 3 nights. I'm looking for a good and cheap hostel, in the center of Prague if possible...

If someone could help, or had been in Prague before...please say something!!

:o Obrigado

Userpic

starbizarre
Traveller
8 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hey, Prague is my first stop too, I go on 23rd July yay.

I'm staying in the 'Plus Prague' hostel, found here: [u]hhttps://rail.cc/en/prague/accommodation/c[/u] . Looks really nice, and it's cheap, but it's a bit out of the way. Though don't let this put you off because the trams in Prague are fantastic, and amazingly cheap (I went a couple of years ago).

I haven't got any advice on going out though I'm afraid as last time I went as I was with my family haha.

A good tip for cheap restaurants and well, cheap everything, is head to the New Town as it's less touristy. There's a yummy Italian restaurant which I'll be hunting down again!

Userpic

jfrench12
Traveller
2 comments

replied 16 years ago

My girlfriend and I are staying in Hostel Tyn. Apparantly it's right in the centre and I have read some quite good things about it. I've never been to Prague or this hostel before though, so can't give feedback!

Userpic

Matt_47
Traveller
3 comments

replied 16 years ago

hit up some of the bars around wencelas square, they're usually pretty lively (but not the cheapest mind you - head further out to the pubs for that) Karlovy Lazne is the main club, right by the Charles Bridge, 4 floors, open till 5 - great for sightseeing at dawn if you have pro plus!

If you want a really cheap night you should head to the Sokol Troja Campsite down the road from Trojska tram stop - big hearty czech food around 3 euros, beer £0.60 a pint!

Userpic

Vollpo
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

I would recommend the club Mecca it is located in the outer area of prague but still a very nice club, the music played is house/electro. The prices of the drinks are extremely cheap compared to those in germany. www.mecca.cz I didn't like the places on the wenceslas sqaure, they are pricey and filled with tourists.

Have fun ;)

Userpic

redja
Traveller
23 comments

replied 15 years ago

i went for 5 days earlier this year, amazing place....

for going out we usually wondered into town then off onto a side street in some bars, very cheap compared to the expensive wesclansas square...

then went to karlovy lazne which is certainly an experience....cheap beer (under e1) a pint! Massive club, and a nice studenty atmosphere, enjoy!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 15 years ago

just some more hostels where I already stayed at least for one night...
[u]https://rail.cc/en/prague-praha-hostel/f2833[/u]
:)

Userpic

Maxime
Traveller
3 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hello,

I went in Prague in last september.

Istayed 2 nights in the Alta Plaza Hotel.
Its only 3 minutes from the train station.

The price was 75€ per night.

The staff is nice and the hotel is clean.

I highly recomand it.

Sincerly yours,

Maxime