Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

Posted 15 years ago

[b]BUCHAREST (Bucuresti) - BUDAPEST | night train EN 472 / D 346[/b]
Information for Interrail, Eurail and travellers with normal train tickets.

:arr: [b]UPDATE:[/b] [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/bucharest-to-budapest[/u]

[b]TIMETABLE nighttrain Bucharest - Budapest[/b]

EN 472
[b]Bucuresti Nord Gr. A[/b] Dep: 1735
[b]Brasov[/b] Dep: 2113
[b]Budapest-Keleti pu[/b] Arr: 0850

D 346 - continues to Vienna
[b]Bucuresti Nord Gr. A[/b] Dep: 1515
[b]Brasov[/b] Dep: 1836
[b]Budapest-Keleti pu[/b] Arr: 0517
[b]Wien Westbahnhof[/b] Arr: 0858

:!: I recommend you to use a 3-bed-sleeper as they seems to be more save (my personal opinion/experience).

[b]Sleeper - DOUBLE | 2-bed-compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 33
Standard fare: EUR 83

[b]Sleeper - TRIPLE T3 | 3-bed-compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 22
Standard fare: EUR 72

[b]Couchette - 6 | 6-bed-compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 9
Standard fare: EUR 58

[b]Seat | 2nd class[/b]
Rail pass fare: free
Standard fare: ???

[b]Update: Nov 2016[/b]

Follow this topic
Userpic

xrystel
Traveller
4 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!I don't want a sleeper or couchette so I wonder if I'll have to pay any extra fee for my seat (you didn't write about seats),could you help me? :os

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.

There are no seats available in this night train as much as I know.
And I always recommend to use couchettes in Eastern Europe where you can lock the doors.

An option for you could be the day train:

Bucuresti Nord Gr. A Dep: 0530
Budapest-Keleti pu Arr: 1847

Peter :)

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

Does this night train stop at Brasov along its way? Is it possible to take it in Brasov?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 13 years ago

I just added the times for Brasov in the first post... :)

Userpic

Robert_Antonio
Traveller
53 comments

replied 13 years ago

Both the night trains contain seat cars, which you can use without supplement or reservation. But consider that these cars have ordinary seats, unlike the Ruhesessel in German or Scandinavian night trains.

Userpic

Sofiakarro
Traveller
11 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

Does the EuroNight train (EN472) cost 9 Euro for a 6 bed sleeper compartment as well, or is that price only for the D 346 train?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

EN 472/473:

o 6 person couchette: 16,4 EUR/person/way

o 4 person couchette: 23 EUR/person/way

o 3 person sleeper: 39 EUR/person/way

o 2 person sleeper: 52 EUR/person/way

o 1 person sleeper*: 108 EUR/person/way. (*1st class ticket needed)

Flo 8)

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 13 years ago

is there a day train for budapest?? and what about his schedule?? if we take the night train with a IR pass, will we be charged with 2 days or just one??

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.

Using the direct night trains mentioned above with an InterRail Flexi Pass it is always TWO travel days, as the trains leave Bucharest before 1900h. See the rule for night trains: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train[/u]

To avoid loosing TWO travel days using only ONE, you have this option:

[b]1[/b]
Bucuresti Nord Gara Adep: 0545 | IC train
Timisoara Nord arr: 1415
Timisoara Nord dep: 1635 | IC train
Budapest-Keleti pu arr: 2050
IC trains in Romania requires a supplement: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation[/u]

[b]2[/b]
Bucuresti Nord Gara A dep: 2045 | night train: [u]https://rail.cc/en/bucharest-belgrade-night-train/f4775[/u]
Timisoara Nord arr: 0529
Timisoara Nord dep: 0640 | IC train
Budapest-Keleti pu arr: 1050

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 12 years ago

thank you very much.. but i have another question concerning the second choice.. the 1900h rule applies only on direct trains.. but the train ( the one you suggested me) it's not direct because we have to change at Timisoara.. or am i wrong?? ( i dont know exaclty the meaning of the direct train so :P )...
thx in advance

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
The rule says: you have to use a direct night train with no changes between 19:00h and 04:00h in the morning. After 04:00h in the morning (like it is in this case: 05:29h) you can leave the night train and use other trains the whole day long until 23:59h.

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]Hi.
The rule says: you have to use a direct night train with no changes between 19:00h and 04:00h in the morning. After 04:00h in the morning (like it is in this case: 05:29h) you can leave the night train and use other trains the whole day long until 23:59h.
Peter :) [/quote]

thx again peter..

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 12 years ago

peter, another question.. how can i book some couchettes for the night train?? can i do it from the internet??

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
The Rail Pass discounted reservations are only available offline at a station ...
But not only in Hungary or Romania, as well in bordering countries and Germany, .....

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]Hi.
The Rail Pass discounted reservations are only available offline at a station ...
But not only in Hungary or Romania, as well in bordering countries and Germany, .....

the problem is that we will arive at bucharest 12 hours before leaving for budapest.. is there any chance that we will not find couchetteS?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Mmmh. Hard to say. But I think you will get a place. Where do you come from?
If booking isn't possible anymore at the station, you can directly ask the staff at the train.

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]Mmmh. Hard to say. But I think you will get a place. Where do you come from?
If booking isn't possible anymore at the station, you can directly ask the staff at the train.

my and my friends will start our trip from sofia.. ( we are from greece ).

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Then buy the reservations in Sofia. Should be possible!
In the main station, main entrance, turn left - a floor (left hand) under the main big timetable display. There you will find the RILA office (blue, white color).
It is the office of the Bulgarian national railway company for international (!) train tickets. There you should get your reservations!

Userpic

kostasx91
Traveller
13 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]Then buy the reservations in Sofia. Should be possible!
In the main station, main entrance, turn left - a floor (left hand) under the main big timetable display. There you will find the RILA office (blue, white color).
It is the office of the Bulgarian national railway company for international (!) train tickets. There you should get your reservations!

ok thx again pete

Userpic

inquisitive
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi
Some friends and I will be going to Bucharest in September and then onto Budapest. We will stop at Brasov for most of the day on way. We want to get train 472 from Brasov to Budapest. I understand the basic fare is 40 euros then you pay a supplement dependant on cabin. I see prices for 472 from the Romania railways website which says Bucharest to Budapest. The only mention for Brasov to Budapest supplement is for train 403. Does anyone know how much the supplement is from Brasov to Budapest on 472.