Userpic

serafina2u
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello I did find an old thread on this and tried several of the online booking sites. I would like to book from either Lisbon (Lisboa Santa Apolonia) or from Porto to Paris on the train.

I have read the SUD Express travels there but so far I have not found a site to book this on using any of these starting points.

Has anyone done this recently or knows how to go about booking this online.

Many thanks for the help.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
909 comments

replied 1 year ago

The Sud Express (or any other train from Portugal) hasn't run to Paris since 1994! It was cut back to the French border until the start of Covid when it was withdrawn and it hasn't resumed running - as is clearly shown on the Portuguese Railways website.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 1 year ago

After this demise there remained an overnite Lisboa (combo): Madrid/Hendaya-and this has also ceased as ESpana withdrew all nighttrains start of covid.
Read seat61.com for best advice on how to organise this by far not very str8forward trip-in essence it now means going via Madrid-Barcelona, and the high nr of quite expensive hi=-speed trains plus, with a pass, the great hassle of howto book in ES-RENFE.

Userpic

serafina2u
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

Good morning. Many thanks for this. While we had planned to go from Lisbon to Paris we really wanted to take the train. I guess we will book Portugal separate and just travel around there. The train ride would have been lovely but that sounds like too much work for me and worry about not making the right connections :(