Userpic

amabel
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello everybody!

I am planning on travelling from Berlin to Warsaw beginning of September. In Warsaw West, I want to grab a connecting bus ride at 14 o clock (2 pm). The only train that would bring me to Warsaw West on time on the same day is a connection from Berlin to Kutno and from Kutno to Warsaw West. In Kutno, I would have 11 min to change trains.
Does anybody have experience with the train station Kutno? Are there many platforms, and are the platforms easy to find? Are 11 minutes enough time to change trains?
Does anybody know if the train from Berlin to Kutno is on time normally, or if this is a track where it is expected that trains are late?

Thanks for your help:)

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 1 year ago

First, you should use the Polish name for the station which is Warszawa Zachodnia.

Journey planners such as bahn.de will give the 11 minute connection because it meets the standards for official connection times. If it worries you then change the connection allowance to something more. There is a big problem for you if the first train is late because there are no more trains from Kutno to Warszawa Zachodnia until after your bus departs .

But you don't have to change at Kutno. I assume you intended to use EC41 from Berlin Gesundbrunnen or Lichtenberg. That terminates at Warszawa Gdanska at 11:47. From there you have a local train service to "Warszawa Zachodnia (peron 9)" which is a side station a few minutes walk from the big station. You have 18 minutes to change trains, but better, if the train from Berlin is late there are more trains. You could take your time and getthe connection at 12:29 (arrives "Warszawa Zachodnia (peron 9)" 12:54) - you could be an hour late from Berlin get the 13:13 and still reach get there at 13:38. There are even ways of getting from Gdanska to Zachodnia by Metro or bus.

Userpic

amabel
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

I am sorry, my answer here never seems to have registered. Thank you very much for your advice! That sounds like a good idea.