Userpic

SteveR
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi,

We will shortly be travelling from Charleroi in Belgium to Lille in France, via Tournai station. The transfer time is 5 minutes, so it is very tight.

Does anyone know which platforms the Lille trains leave from at Tournai station please?

The train will be SNCB IC 19946.

If we should miss this train, will our tickets allow us to catch the next train out to Lille?

Thank you.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

19946 should depart on platform 5 (and your train from Charleroi arrives at platform 2); so you have to use the underpass. Normally no problem, in case of a slight delay inform the train staff and position yourself in the front third of the train (I would guess second or third carriage) to get to the stairs quickly.
Check actual platforms on official website of SNCB/NMBS at belgiantrain.be

What kind of ticket do you have? Normally no problem to hop on the next train in case of a delay.

Flo

Userpic

SteveR
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you Flo, that's very useful information. I have a Class 2 standard ticket, it says 'CIV 1088' if that means anything, there seems to be a logo with a 'B' inside an oval shape. Other than that, I\m not sure what kind of ticket I have?

Userpic

SteveR
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

A few days later we travel the reverse, so will arrive into Charleroi from Lille on SNCF 19909, and depart for Charleroi on SNCB 908. Will the platforms be the reverse of the above, ie will I arrive at platform 5 and depart from platform 2? I guess it may be different platform numbers involved?

Many thanks again.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

CIV 1088 is the code for Belgian Railways (and their logo is the B in the oval shape). OK, so in case of a delay you can simply hop on the next available train and are also eligible for a refund (25% from 60 minutes, 50% from 120 minutes).

According to belgrianrail.be both 19909 and 908 call at platform 2 in Tournai.

Userpic

SteveR
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you, I appreciate your help.