Userpic

cmiclgn
Traveller
5 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hey all,

I am trying to book a ticket from Videle to Halkali, on September 3. However, this does not work, because it keeps saying that I have to pick up the tickets at a station. I can't see 'Videle' among the list of different stations in Romania. Is there a way to book these tickets, do you know a good site for this? I was trying to buy my tickets at bileteinternationale.cfrcalatori.ro

Kind regards,
cmiclgn

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

Try the telephone https://www.cfrcalatori.ro/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Statii-unde-se-asig-informatii-telef-v09.08.2022.pdf

Userpic

cmiclgn
Traveller
5 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks for your response! Which number of the 200? xd I'm confused :'(

Attachment Image
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

Start with the central, top of page 1 (in grey).

Userpic

cmiclgn
Traveller
5 comments

replied 1 year ago

They are not answering: a robot keeps saying something in their language. Also, I can't even find 'Videle' in that list. Other posible solution?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

What is your overall itinerary?

Flo

Userpic

cmiclgn
Traveller
5 comments

replied 1 year ago

SEPTEMBER 1:
- Brussel South (19.25h) - Koeln HBF (21:15h) [BOOKED]
- Koeln HBF (23:55) - Muenchen HBF (06:03h) (Sept2) [BOOKED]
- Muenchen HBF (07:23h) - Budapest-Keleti (14:19h) [BOOKED]
- Budapest-Keleti (15:10h) - Videle (07:12h) (Sept3) [BOOKED]
- Videle (11:45h) - Halkali (05:34h) [!!!NOT!!! BOOKED]

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

OK, well I would spontaneously suggest continuing from Videle to Bucuresti, pick up your ticket there and then start your trip to Istanbul/Halkali from there. Downside: slightly more expensive, micro-minimal risk of missing the connection (with about three hours of layover I would not worry, especially looking at your other connections). Advantage: much more comfortable and practical layover at Bucuresti (theoretically even a quick sightseeing trip possible) to get food, spend your time at a proper station.
Another option to pick up the tickets would be at Timisoara where your train from Budapest has a 20 minute stop - however could be risky in case of a delay.

Userpic

cmiclgn
Traveller
5 comments

replied 1 year ago

I'm very grateful for your answer! I'm feeling myself not very comfy to travel via Videle, because there is a minimum of information. Do you think that there are more options to travel via budapest to istanbul?

Userpic

cmiclgn
Traveller
5 comments

replied 1 year ago

Okay, I think I have a new method:

SEPTEMBER 1:
- Brussel South (19.25h) - Koeln HBF (21:15h) [BOOKED]
- Koeln HBF (23:55) - Muenchen HBF (06:03h) (Sept2) [BOOKED]
- Muenchen HBF (07:23h) - Budapest-Keleti (14:19h) [BOOKED]
- Budapest-Keleti (15:10h) - BUCURESTI NORD (Romania) (0806h) (Sept3) [!!!NOT!!! BOOKED]
- BUCURESTI NORD (Romania) (10:55h) - Halkali (05:34h) [!!!NOT!!! BOOKED]

I see that there is now the posibility to pick up my tickets at the Bucuresti Nord station:

What do you think about this?

Attachment Image
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

What kind of information would you need?

This option probably is the best (if not only) one at the moment, all other night trains between Budapest and Bucuresti would require an overnight stay there.
Personally, I would try and get a reservation for a lower bed in the couchette (depends on your preferences though, in "daytime" position the upper bed corresponds with a window seat, the lower bed with a seat by the corridor.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

Brussel South has an international ticket office. If you live near that station, maybe you can ask there.