Userpic

educasstro
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hey guys, i need to go from italy to london on january 07, 2023, i will be close to milan, but i only found plane tickets, do you know if there is any city close by that has a train to london at a good price?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
587 comments

replied 1 year ago

No, there isn't. No direct trains and no good price (around 400-500 Euro). There are direct trains from Milano to Paris and from Paris to London (Eurostar). In Paris you need a taxi or a metro or hiking boots (5 km with the Bastille and Place de la Republique in the middle) to go from Gare de Lyon to Gare du Nord (Paris and London don't have a central station.) See www.bahn.de (/en if you don’t speak German) for the timetables.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

and your other problem is that trains tickets are not normally sold this far in advance and Italian schedules are rarely published this far in advance of the seasonal timetable starting (which will be early December).

This may be a job for omio.com since eurostar won't sell tickets for the whole journey. SNCF might but only if using an SNCF train from Milano, Trenitalia probably won't. Omio are currently offering a one way fare (by selling each company and bundling the tickets together) for September at about €240 with the normal change in Paris and around €175 if you change in Lausanne AND Paris. Both route can be done in one day if you start early. But flying would probably be cheaper.