Userpic

winalf
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

HI there, i plan a trip from Arad Romania to Vienna and looks like the NZ346 stops in the night in Arad. Somebody has an information if I am allowed to take my bike? Or even book a single sleep cabin where my bike fits in? And last but not least where to buy the tickets ideally?
Thanks for any feedback, Steffen

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
909 comments

replied 1 year ago

The CFR (Romania) website is not helpful. The MAV (Hungary) website says cross border bike transport is only possible if the train has an official bike rack. My information about the section of 346 that travels to Vienna is that it is only 3 or 4 cars and none have bike racks. Which is only part of your problem because there are two other questions open about reservations on 346 and even if bikes were permitted it could be very difficult to get a reservation for just yourself, even at the station.

Userpic

winalf
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks Steve! Yep, it’s really strange and as this is my first long bike tour i really wonder why this is so difficult, seems to be easier to send a rocket to Mars than travel through Europe by bike on a train….i also tried to book a car in Arad Romania back to Vienna but this is also not possible. I should by myself a Jet probably….anyhow, thanks for your answer, very much appreciated!