Userpic

Arthur
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi! Anyone give me advice, is it possible to reserve cuchettes for an Interrail pass on CFR and do it over the internet?
Interrail insist on posting tickets, so that's no good as I have no address in Romania to give them. I need to get e-reservations or I must change all my plans...
Any ideas?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

I don't think Interrail insist on posting tickets. A lot of train companies just have no E-reservation possibilities. But in every country, I suppose, you can make P-reservations at the ticket-office on train stations.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

What is your overall planned route?
In theory, MAV START (Hungarian Railways) has an option for "Interrail" in their discounts when you buy tickets on jegy.mav.hu - however, they always want to sell you ticket plus reservation (and you need reservation only). You _could_try to buy ticket + reservation and then refund only the ticket (they are two separate items and the reservation can be used with an Interrail ticket) however it might be wise to check with mav via mail (informacio at mav-start.hu) it that is a viable option (you could then also ask why the Interrail discount doesnt offer you the reservation only).

Otherwise I dont know any other option than to buy the reservation locally at a station (hence I was asking about your route).
Which night train are you looking at specifically?

...well, you could of course also contact Romanian Railway CFR https://www.cfrcalatori.ro/en/ but I dont think that they offer a "reservation via mail and collection at a station".

Flo