Userpic

jani
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello, I am planning a 13 hour drive. My arrival time would be 10:41 p.m., but I have to change trains after 5 hours of travel and only have 17 minutes to do so. I've missed my connection on a number of occasions, so this could be the case as well. My arrival time would then be after midnight. Normally I would then start a second day, does that count even if the train was late and originally arrived before midnight?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

The regulations doesn't say anything about this. If I where in your case I would not change the trips in my pass. If you have to take a train after midnight because of the delay the conductor could notice that and cheque if the former train indeed was delayed. And than hope for the best the conductor has a bit of common sense.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
909 comments

replied 1 year ago

That seems good advice from Arend. If you changed the train on your pass to one that went over midnight it would be asking for trouble. If you do miss the connection, use the time to get a confirmation of some sort. How you would do this depends on which country you are in.

Userpic

jani
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Okay thank you very much for your answer! I will do this :)

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

Another tip I come up with. Try to find a PDF-timetable. Very often trains starting after midnight are placed there after the 23:00 trains, because they are considered to be the last train(s) of that day.