Userpic

ksigi
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Im planning to trip to serbia with my interrail ticket. When I look up the connections to serbia on the railplaner app or the interrail website it tells me that there are no trains available. In the internet (aswell on this page) ive read about many connections to serbia by train. But i couldnt find them on any of the searching platforms for trainconnections. It seems to me that appears in other countries aswell (such as latvia). So does anybody know if its still possible to travel to serbia by train, even if i cant find a route?
Thanks for the help!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

information is not easy to get but it seems there are very few trains running, and probably none to the north. They have a new website with very little info and the english pages are disabled, your choice is Serbian (cyrillic writing) or Bosnian, it offers a PDF of the timetable book https://www.srbvoz.rs/red-voznje-kurir/ but when I try a download it displays a list in Serbian and then immediately overlays a page in Bosnian that goes back to the start.

The pass is not cosnidered good value in the Balkans (or Baltics) anyway, and bus travel has been recommended a few times.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1333 comments

replied 1 year ago

ONLY train crossing border is to coast=black mountains, or Cerna Gora=Monte Negro.
NO trains over other borders. A pass is of no value there. Use it elsewhere for better value.
INland a very limited service-if at all, badly publicised and often prone to last min. cancellation (train broke today-cannot repair)
Info on old pre-site of this site is rail.cc is NOT updated and dates from pre-covid.