Userpic

DenHaagBoy1991
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello fellow travellers,

I wanna take the Golden Pass Line on Sunday 28th August from Luzern to Montreux. I especially want to take the GoldenPass Classic from 17.02 between Zweisimmen and Montreux. Do you guys know if it is possible to take the Golden Pass Line on Sundays? And how do I make reservations for seats on the three trains: Luzern to Interlaken, Interlaken to Zweisimmen and Zweisimmen to Montreux?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Den Haag Boy 1991

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

Try https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/seat-reservations.html. I wonder however, if you travel 1st. class if that is necessary. Golden pass looks not to me as the name of a special train, but the name of a famous route. Therefore there are 3 trains. Don't confuse it with the Glacier Express. That is really a special train.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

Sunday is not a problem. CH has a beatifull site with all timetables (including buses and ferries) at www.fahrplanfelder.ch

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

Like said before, the Golden Pass Route is not a single railway line but three separate routes with common marketing.

No reservation needed, if you feel the need to best contact MOB (Montreux Oberland Bernois) directly, the railway managing the part from Zweisimmen to Montreux.

If you have the possibility I would recommend travelling the whole route starting from Luzern.

Flo

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Ah sorry, didnt read carefully. Definitely start from Luzern.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 1 year ago

The journey is often 4 trains because the way the connections come together you often have to change at Spiez between Interlaken and Zweisimmen. I wouldn't bother reserving anything except possibly the final leg.

Golden Pass is a marketing name. not an actual line, and "Golden Pass Classic "only seems to be used on a badly written page on Eurail pass website. The 17:02 from Zweisimmen is called the "Golden Pass Belle Epoque", it actually forms part of the standard hourly service but uses old coaches (definately not Orient Express as claimed by Eurail). Reservations should be in the Swiss national system and available through any station with access to the system

Userpic

DenHaagBoy1991
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you guys! I just made a seatreservation for the Golden Pass Belle Epoque from Zweisimmen to Montreux. For the other bits I will just make a reservation in the interrailapp and no seat reservations