Userpic

Synnefix
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello!
I bought an Interrail ticket and would like to book two seats for the TGV No.8547, departing on 18th of July 2022 from "Paris Montparnasse 1 Et 2" to "Dax". The interrail website states that TGV seats can be booked for 10€. If the interrail contigent is booked out, any other seat can be booked for 20€ (source: https://rail.cc/de/blog/interrail-tgv-reservierung-frankreich). However, when looking for a seat reservation on the TGV/& France railway website, I couldn't find any offer under 100€. I assume that this price is including the ticket and reservation however i only want to book a seat, not a ticket since I already have an Interrail ticket. It would be nice if you could help me with this problem and tell me, where to only book the seat reservation!
Thanks in advance and kind regards

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 1 year ago

SNCF has stopped allowing seat-only reservations on passes some years ago-they claim too much fraud was happening. You can do it by calling them (english line) or when in France on their machines. Some other countries can also arrange it for you at their office-notably at least Belgium+Lux and Italy, not Germany.
Much more info on community.eurail.com - forum

Userpic

Synnefix
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks a whole lot!