Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Couple of days ago I made a trip out of Germany over Malmö to Göteborg. But one guy called Murphy accompanied me obviously. Two different socalled accidents on the rails in two different countries made it a trip with a slightly over 4 hours delay, arriving in Copenhagen around 20:30. Just a couple of minutes too late for the last connection to Göteborg. I decided to take the next train to Malmö and see from there what to do (searching a hotel or something like that). I was pleasantly (spoileralert: at first) surprised to see a train from which the platform sign said that this train was going to Göteborg. Surprised, because such a train I did not see at the timetables. However on the train itself I saw no sign of Göteborg, so I asked the conductor. “It’s half right” she said. The train would be split in Malmö and one half would go to Göteborg.
After the personel change in Malmö the Swedish conductor told me the train would not go to Göteborg. But he was not surprised that I was told differently by the Danish crew. “Danish train crew is just not interested in the Swedish timetable” he said to me.
Shouldn’t some managers at DSB not searching for another job? Starting with the crew of the platform signs.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 1 year ago

Ja hoor, vast wel. Alleen: doordenken-dan is er vermoedelijk helemaal niemand meer die die werkjes nog wil doen. Dus helemaal niks of wel rijden, maar zoek het zelf maar uit. Bovendien was er dus juist net op deze tunnelbrug lijn en dit net de laatste tijd vaak wisseling van uitbater-tijdje DSB, tijdje SJ, die wilde niet meer, voelde zich bedonderd, nu meen ik transDEV-hoewel grootste deel van personeel gewoon van werkkledij en loonheer is veranderd.
Dit soort situaties kan je bij elke railway aantreffen-bad luck. Elk vervoerbedrijf-elk bedrijf met sterk wisselende diensten heeft nood aan personeel.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 1 year ago

Do train crews have anything to do with what signs on platforms say??

The 21:27 from Copenhagen is shown in the Öresundståg timetable as continuing from Malmö to Helsingborg.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

The train crew also said the train (it was the 20:47) was partly going to Göteborg. I stranded In Helsingborg, that's far from Göteborg.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 1 year ago

Öresundståg timetable says the 20:47 (and almost all other xx:47) goes to Karlskrona. Most xx:07 go to Kalmar, Most xx:27 go to Göteborg but the 20:27 is the last, 21:27 and 23:27 end at Helsingborg and 22:27 ends at Halmstad.

But it has also occured to me that "a couple of days ago" was a major public holiday in Sweden which has always changed timetables.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

That's the problem. The Danish crew don't know that timetable obviously. I was told after 20:27 that the 20:47 was going to partly Göteborg en partly Karskrona .

Userpic

Risberg
Traveller
43 comments

replied 1 year ago

The Swedish Trafikverket, responsible for the timetables, delivers them far too late to the train companies. So no wonder that the BaneDanmark didn't know where in Sweden when the train would go.

But it's even worse at Cologne Main station, there the staff don't even know which cars are in a train that is actually at the platform.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

I noticed this timetable months ago, so BaneDanmark should also could have known.