Userpic

athina2020
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi,
If I'm travelling totally in ONE day from Cologne (Germany) to Rome (Italy) I need then 1 or 2 coupons (1 or 2 days) of the Global Pass?
Because for example the trip from Cologne to Basel (border) is included in the Pass

Regards
Ekki

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 1 year ago

If the journey is all within one day then only one day of the pass is needed, the borders are not relevant. Do you mean that you are resident in German and the section to Basel will count as your one outbound trip in home country?

Userpic

athina2020
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks for your kind reply
Yes, I'm German resident and wanted to ask if the section to Basel counts as one day of my GLOBAL PASS and then the sections from Basel through
Switzerland and furtheron through Italy to Rome I must take a SECOND day of may pass?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 1 year ago

With Global pass borders are only relevant for home country rules, the days do not expire at the border (you also have a border at Chiasso or Iselle-Domodossola). So travel within one day is one day of the pass wherever it is. For you, travel in Germany to the border can only happen on a single day of the pass and travel back from the border can also only happen on another single day - but travel in other countries on those days is also permitted. So if you leave Cologne very early you could travel a huge distance in the first day, but if you leave too late and can't reach the border by midnight you will have a problem.

Userpic

athina2020
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

All understood - thanks a lot and have a good and healthy time