Userpic

Jacob
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to book a ticket from Zagreb to Ljubljana as I will be travelling there in about a week. As far as I can tell there are a couple of Euronight trains running between the cities which I am trying to book through ÖBB but it says "Ticket not available" for all of them. I am a UK resident and don't have an interrail pass. Any advice? Thanks for the help!

Jacob

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Jacob!

When you are in Ljubljana, go to the ticket office at the train station, ask for a ticket to Zagreb - boom, there you go.
If you go there the day before you might geht a certain discount but you dont have to worry about trains being fully booked etc.

Flo

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Ah sorry, Zagreb to Ljubljana. The above applies, just go to the train station. No availability online.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

there is very limited seating on the EN trains and the reservation system may be running a quota to give priorty to travellers going being Villach. EN498 only has 60 seats from Zagreb (going to Munich), EN414 (or 40414 depending which system you look at) has 60 which only go as far as Villach and another 60/120 going further. So even at a station it may not be a simple request. The only other direct train is B210 in early afternoon, which has enough seats. One reservation free and quite regular option is to get a local train from Zagreb to Harmica, that station is next to a border crossing and is 30 minutes walk along that road (no footpath) to Dobova station in Slovenia, which has local trains to Ljubljana.

Userpic

Jacob
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks guys! I went to the ticket office the other day and they gave me a ticket. The ticket is valid for any train and she said that I don't need to reserve a seat (including for EN trains).