Userpic

Szczepan
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I heard that you can buy a 9 euro ticket, with which you can travel across Germany without any addictonal costs and it will be valid for three months.
By this point I got stucked, how to find a route from Pasewalk to Cologne. I just couldn't find it - everywhere were just IC lines, but I heard, that they are not devoted for 9 euro ticket. Do you know any good changes?
Kind Regards
Szczepan

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

all of the national journey planners default to showingthe fastest options, if you wan somethig else you have to change the settings. With www.bahn.de to only show the trains the 9€ ticket can be used on you must click on "Nur Nahverkehr" in the German version or "Local Transport Only" in the english version. This journey will take over 12 hours, almost double the time taken on fast trains.

Userpic

Szczepan
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you mate, you found solution to my problem (which was marking "Local Transport Only").
Cheers
Szczepan

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

also, each 9€ ticket is valid for ONE of the months June, July, August. If you buy now to 30th June it will end 24:00 30th June, buy in July it ends at 24:00 31st July, buy in August it ends 24:00 31st August. https://www.bahn.com/en/offers/regional/9-euro-ticket-en

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 1 year ago

I assume you come from Szczecin-you only have to buy at PolRegio ticket til 1st stop over border=not Pasewalk, but before. Find train[planner on bahn-click no ´more´ then click on nr of 1st train and then it shows all stops and the full route.
Note I read there will be work along this line this summer-with bus replacement for long time.
Also note that the planner will spit out idealist fiction-I have that ticket, I use it mainly for bustram, but for trains: expect HUGE delays and quite often trains so full you cannot board anymore=this will wreck such a long trip. Try to avoid weekend as much as you can.