Userpic

BenMajestix
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hey, I am looking at this Map of Interrail Train and Ferry lines and am Interested in the Palermo - Livorno. It is obviously marked as a supported Ferry Line with the Interrail Ticket. (Probably only a Discount). I cant find it in the Rail Planner App and am now confused as to how to book and use the Discount.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
587 comments

replied 1 year ago

Go to "book reservations" at Interrail.eu with your account. If that doesn't work (wouldn't surprise me) see below under "Ferry with interrail" (first comment)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

Was a bit surprised about this line-knew the old ones from the It Rail State ferry (terrible) and such. Its Grimaldi (as always-google your best friend) and indeed Gri does give a tiny discount to passholders in general- you have to call them to get it and have a passcovernr (which mobile passes do not have-must be claimed first-this will take weeks).
NOTE!! Check yourself, I now sit in a train and wifi is slow-GRI often has such long lines for ONLY pax with CARs (in fact mostly caravans and trcuks)-you will only find this when you try to book and cannot get option as only pax. And also, if it can, WHere the ports are-if they aim trucks etc its often miles out of town and not with any bus etc.-you will be stranded.
IT is flooded at the mo with cheap flites-Ryan and WIZZair-around 20/30 for domsetic easily to get

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

Oh+ both that map and the list of discounts/´benefits´ on the site of passes is in many aspects seriously out of date incomplete or not to be trusted.

Userpic

Risberg
Traveller
43 comments

replied 1 year ago

What was wrong with the FS ferries? Grimaldi Line is together with Navarma Lines (Moby Lines) the worst ferry company I've ever travelled by.