Userpic

Lngiraffes
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi,

We are travelling from UK to Germany and considering the15 days in two months pass for a few days in Germany; back home for a couple of weeks; travel to Croatia for a long weekend; back home for a couple of weeks; then a few days in France...

Will we be able to use the Interrail pass on Eurostar each time or just twice due to the home country Inbound/Outbound restrictions?

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

Eurostar is considered to be in France entirely, because st.pancras station is the official border for the train. And you have to pay a huge price for a reservation seat of around 70% of the normal price. (In fact Eurostar is not really an interrail train, but you get 30% discount and there is a contigent, the same with Thalys trains). You can use however one outbound and one inbound day for the trip from/to your residence to/from London (unless you live in London itself).

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
906 comments

replied 1 year ago

Eurostar fees are here https://help.eurostar.com/faq/uk-en/question/Can-I-use-my-interrailing-pass-on-Eurostar

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

Above is part NONsense-I dk where he gets it from-he often writes things not really wise.
There is a special passholder price of 30€, as far as Paris or Brussel (higher to AMS) and you MUST have a full glob al pass, 1country will not do. T his is if you are so lucky to be in quota. IF you have-you did not state this clearly, the new style mobile pass, you have to add trip to it and it will instantly recognise if this is homecountry=GB for you, and will limit any trip IN homecountry to 2 days.
Also note that for now, jn/jl/au there is an ultra cheap Monthly pass for ALL DE, also incl bustram etc, for 9€-NOT valid in the sleek white long distance IC/ICE-only local trains. As anyone expected-it is so populair that many trains are overcrowded and sometimes have to be cleared by police.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

nltrainer the one writing the most nonsense clearly is you... :D

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

MisterSteve proves that nltrainer is right and I'm wrong in this topic, but I totally agree with Flo. Specially all those terrible abreviations, where I have no idea what is meant.