Userpic

ry2021
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi Guys,

I am just getting slightly confused with the outbound and inbound journeys!

I am looking at Leaving Leeds to London KX then St Pancras to Paris on the Eurostar all in one morning doing the return when coming home.

Would my outbound journey just be the St Pancras to Paris with buying a Leeds to London ticket or all covered with the global pass.

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 1 year ago

St. Pancras is the border, Eurostar is not part of the British network. Your outbound and inbound home country bonus journeys cover Leeds to London and back in this case. But it's not that simple because Eurostar say they accept the pass with a reservation but in reality they are selling discounted seats, the reservation fee is £26.50 each way in Standard Class which could be more than an Advance price ticket from Leeds to London. https://help.eurostar.com/faq/uk-en/question/Can-I-use-my-interrailing-pass-on-Eurostar and it's more if you have a 1st Class pass and want to use Standard Premier. They're not very helpful with making reservations if you are not in London and I believe Interrail seats are on a quota so don't leave it too late to book. So, it will cost you money but not where you expected.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

You can use the outbound for Leeds to London (assuming you are British).

Userpic

ry2021
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Ok Thanks guys.

So my outbound day would cover Leeds to London and then London to Paris obviously paying the Eurostar reservation fees