Userpic

Paulabbott
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I cannot find any info on the high-speed train that runs from Madrid to Portugal. The only info appears to be the night train ?
Paul

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

Nighttrain to Lisbon is a movie, not a train. The only direct connection beween Madrid and Portugal are those trains with wings, riding in the sky ;)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
907 comments

replied 1 year ago

There has never been a high speed train between Madrid and Portugal, the ordinary day trains disappeared years ago, the night train was suspended due to covid and can't restart because the Portuguese are now rebuilding their line. The only option is via Badajoz, there is ONE train per day from there to Entroncamento for a connection to Lisbon. There is also ONE train per day from Madrid to Badajoz leaving around 08:00 which gives time for lunch at Badajoz, overall it will be a journey of around 12 hours.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
907 comments

replied 1 year ago

PS, if Lisbon was not the destination there is an option via Vigo to Porto, also via Sevilla or Huelva for a bus link to Faro where the trains are available for most of the Algarve.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

And there are direct Flixbuses, duration 8-10 hours from Madrid to Lisbon

Userpic

jessicasaum
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

I have read there is a train from Coimbra and /or Lisbon to Hendaye France but I can't book it on any site. Is there one? Or do I need to take the bus?