Userpic

DFORTIZB
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I want to identify whether the CELTA TRAIN service is available between SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (Spain) and PORTO (Portugal). I am going to make this travel by the end of July. Is that service available for this summer season in 2022?
Also, I want to ask about the route between LISBON (Portugal) and MADRID (Spain) for the same period of the current year.
I read about a night train service available, but I havenĀ“t identified it on the RENFE Schedules.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

The night trains Sud Espresso and Lusitania were suspended due to Covid and have not restarted, there have been no direct day trains on the route for many, many years. To make things worse there has been no other real service on the spanish side for years and currently the line on the Portuguese side is running as buses instead. I don't think either government is really interested. There is a limited Celta service and that might improve if/when they publish a summer timetable. See https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/train-times and click the International Services link lower down.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 1 year ago

In other forum I read that for a few weeks this summer Celta is suspended/replaced by BUS due to works. It may be you just planned in that period. Unless you are married with trains, use a bus (avanzabus) for much easier transportation L->M, it also runs overnight.